A high-performance measurement solution for intelligent energy management in PV systems with SMA devices. The SMA Energy Meter calculates phase-exact and balanced electrical measured values and communicates these via Ethernet in the local network. In this way, all data on grid feed-in and purchased electricity as well as PV generation by other PV inverters can be communicated to SMA systems frequently and with a high level of precision.
Integrating the SMA Energy Meter establishes, in all systems, an ideally coordinated system configuration that guarantees the highest performance and stability with the best cost savings and increased self-consumption.
Easy to Use
- Quick plug and play installation
- Local WebUI
- Graphic visualization of current measured values in connection with the Sunny Boy inverter in Sunny Portal
- Space-saving, top-hat rail mounting in household distribution thanks to compact enclosure
- Flexible use in applications > 63 A thanks to external current transformers
- Suitable for universal use regardless of existing energy meter
- Fast three-phase, bidirectional reading for effective energy management*
- Ideal coordination with SMA devices to ensure control tasks are carried out stably
Energy Meter System Compatibility
Using the Energy Meter with PV plants for self consumption will enable display of grid supply and feed-in. Depending on the selected graphical user interface (local WebUI or Sunny Portal/Sunny Places) also local consumption and generated PV power is displayed.
Storage Systems always require an Energy Meter for measurement of the grid connection point. This enables the optimal control for charge and discharge of the storage battery.
For selected energy management functionalities, the use of an Energy Meter for measurement of the grid connection point is mandatory (e.g. Zero Export, prognosis based battery charging, …)
The following devices can be used with an Energy Meter: