*Please note : Actual system production and savings will vary based on final system design, size, configuration, utility rates, applicable rebates and your energy usage. All calculations are based on estimates and do not guarantee actual system production or savings.
Get Your Free Solar Assessment
*Offer applies for standard based installations only. Finance to approved applicants only, fees and charges apply. Finance only available for recommended retail price. Price beats are for competitors advertised quotes only and must be for identical goods. Price is after Small Scale Technology Certificates (STCs) have been assigned to Solar Link Australia Pty Ltd. Price is only valid for STC region zone 4 installations. Any additional extras including but not limited to regional surcharges, wind rating zone B and C, double story, flat roof, tile roof, meter box upgrades or three phase power, may attract additional charges.
Eligible households can claim a rebate up to $1,850 on the cost of a solar panel (PV) system. To further reduce installation costs, householders can apply for an interest-free loan, for an amount equivalent to their rebate amount ($1,850). The loan is required to be repaid over four years or can be repaid sooner in one lump sum.
This ten-year program includes:
• $850M for solar panels on 700,000 homes, including 50,000 renters*
• $40M to support the purchase of batteries for 10,000 homes*
Households will only be eligible for one rebate under the Program (i.e. a household that accesses a solar hot water rebate cannot claim a solar PV rebate).
Victorian households are eligible to receive a rebate under the Solar Homes Package if the applicant:
- they are the owner-occupier of the property,
- the owners have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per year (based on last year’s Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million
- does not already have a solar panel system installed on their property
- chooses a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product (for solar panels) and uses a CEC Accredited Installer
- *Early adopters who installed their system prior to 1 November 2009 are eligible to replace or expand their existing system. However, those receiving the Premium Feed-in Tariff should consider whether they will be better off if they replace their existing system.
Households will only be eligible for one rebate under the Solar Homes Package, that is a household that accesses a solar hot water rebate cannot claim a solar PV rebate.
Other conditions may apply.
The Solar for Rentals program offers eligible landlords a rebate of up to $1,850 for the installation of solar panels (PV) system on a maximum of two rental properties each financial year, subject to a Solar Homes Landlord-Tenant Agreement being signed.
Eligible landlords can also apply for an interest-free loan of up to $1,850 to further reduce the upfront cost of the solar panel system.
There are two options for loan repayments:
• A landlord can make the full monthly loan repayment of $38.54;
• The landlord and renter can agree to a co-contribution model where the renter contributes up to 50 per cent of the monthly repayment. The maximum amount that can be contributed by the renter each month is $19.27.
Victorian landlords are eligible to receive a rebate for their rental property if:
- their renters have a combined household income of under $180,000 per year (based on any of the last two year’s taxable income)
- the property is valued at under $3 million and does not already have solar panels (PV) installed
- there has been no prior participation in the Solar Homes program for that address
- a Solar Homes Landlord-Tenant Agreement is signed by the landlord and all renters
- the property is currently tenanted with a rental agreement in place.
To be eligible for an interest-free loan, you will need to provide a satisfactory credit report that is less than 12 months old. If you don’t have one, it’s easy to do a free credit report online through the Moneysmart website.
Please be aware that a credit report can take up to 10 days to be supplied to you.
Other conditions may apply.
From July 2019, there will be 1,000 rebates of up to $4,174 for a solar battery system.
These rebates will be available to people who have already installed solar panels but have not already accessed a solar rebate. Last year, we promised that the battery program will be available in growth areas where there are already a large number of homes with solar panels.
Victorian households are eligible to receive a battery rebate under the Program if the property:
- the property already has solar PV panels with a capacity equal to or greater than 5kW
- pre-approval is obtained from your Distributed Network Service Provider (DNSP) to safely connect a battery to the grid
- the energy storage solution is listed on Solar Victoria’s Approved Battery List and the property does not have an existing energy storage system
- they are the owner-occupier of the property where the system is to be installed
- the combined household taxable income of all owners is less than $180,000 a year (based on your Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million based on the current council rates notice
- the property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
- the owner/s agrees to receive information from their Distribution Network Service Provider about taking part in battery trials to maximise the value households get from them
- owner/s agree to receive a free safety inspection and/or audit under the Solar Victoria Audit Program, if selected.
Why Solar Link Australia is your best choice for advice on the Solar Homes Package?
Solar Link Australia is a Market Leader in Solar Photo Voltaic Supply and Installation. (EST 2010). Our team is committed to making renewable energy a major part of Australia’s energy base. Our solar energy solutions are guaranteed to deliver significant financial saving to both a Suburban Residential Solar Installation or a Large Scale Solar Commercial Installation, whilst at the same time assisting in reducing your carbon footprint.
Solar Link Australia, specialists in Solar PV Solutions offer a comprehensive range of Tier 1 Solar PV Bands. We have installed 10,000’s of PV Modules throughout the country assisting thousands of families to reduce their bills.